Monday, January 30, 2012

3 weeks to GO!

I have heard it said more than once that it takes three weeks of doing something to form a habit.  Well, today is day one.  When I lost all the weight before I became a little bit of an addict...to the gym, to working out.  I discovered I LOVED it.   But, over the last year, I have completely fallen off the wagon.  I hate the time it takes out of my day.  But I know that I need it.  It improves my mood, my energy level, my focus, and just a myriad of other things.  Plus, at the end of the day, it's a fact...I still LOVE it.  I had originally decided that I would wait till I lost 20 pounds to go back since my arches are falling and my feet have been absolutely killing me.  The more I thought about that though, the more I knew I could do it before that.  Instead of using my favorite, "go-to machine", the AMT(Advanced Motion Trainer), which is pictured here,

I decided the recumbent bike would be my best option until I lose enough weight that my feet are better.  So, today I went to the gym, I warmed up for five minutes on the AMT and then I did another 30 on the bike.  It was a great workout and I remembered how much I love to do it!  So....here's to day ONE!  My goal is to set a new habit or rather reclaim my old one. You have to start somewhere!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!